This is a list of python modules dedicated to gravitational waves. I made this mostly for myself, but maybe can be useful to others.
I surely missed many codes: if I missed yours, please do let me know! I’ll be more than happy to list it here! Also, let me know if the description of your code is not accurate enough…
- lalsuite: the massive library from the LIGO collaboration
- pycbc: searches and parameter estimation of GW data
- gwpy: how to deal with LIGO data
- precession: PN dynamics of precessing black-hole binaries
- gwsurrogate: surrogate models for waveforms
- NRsur7dq2: one specific surrogate model, covering precessing systems
- surrkick: extract black-hole kicks from surrogate models
- gwdet: simple estimates of signal detectability
- gwopensci: access public data from losc.ligo.org
- gwmemory: extract gravitational-wave memory from waveforms
- cosmic: a population synthesis code based on BSE
- spops: a database of population synthesis simulations
- GWFrames: Manipulate gravitational waveforms—changing frames, and so on.
- surfinBH: final black-hole properties (mass, spin, kicks) using surrogate models.
- bilbly: Bayesian inference, both GW-specific and more generic things.
- binaryBHexp: visualizations to explore black hole binary dynamics.
- bowie: LISA signal-to-noise ratios and plots
Finally, let me advertise the Astrophysics Source Code Library (ASCL) where many many more codes for astrophysics research are indexed.