This is a list of python modules dedicated to gravitational waves. I made this mostly for myself, but maybe can be useful to others.
I surely missed many codes: if I missed yours, please do let me know! I’ll be more than happy to list it here! Also, let me know if the description of your code is not accurate enough…
- lalsuite: the massive library from the LIGO collaboration
- pycbc: searches and parameter estimation of GW data
- gwpy: how to deal with LIGO data
- precession: PN dynamics of precessing black-hole binaries
- gwsurrogate: surrogate models for waveforms
- NRsur7dq2: one specific surrogate model, covering precessing systems
- surrkick: extract black-hole kicks from surrogate models
- gwdet: simple estimates of signal detectability
- gwopensci: access public data from losc.ligo.org
Finally, let me advertise the Astrophysics Source Code Library (ASCL) where many many more codes for astrophysics research are indexed.
Picture: an California condor flying open-source in Pinnacles National Park. I bet it was hunting a python.