This is the schedule of our study group on formation and evolution of stellar-mass BH binaries in AGN disks which ran from October 2020 to March 2021.
Here is an ADS Library with these papers
- Before we start… If you need to refresh the physics of accretion disks, Lodato (2008) wrote a short and sweet review.
- Oct 12, 2020 [Davide]. Bellovary+ 2016. Migration Traps in Disks Around Supermassive Black Holes. 1511.00005
- Oct 19, 2020 [Matt M]. Section 7.1 in Armitage 2020, “Astrophysics of Planet Formation”, 2nd Ed.
- Oct 26, 2020 [Daria]. Bartos+ 2017. Rapid and Bright Stellar-mass Binary Black Hole Mergers in Active Galactic Nuclei. 1602.03831
- Nov 2, 2020 [Eliot]. Stone+ 2017. Assisted Inspirals of Stellar Mass Black Holes Embedded in AGN Disks: Solving the “Final AU Problem”. 1602.04226
- Nov 9, 2020 [Davide]. McKernan+ 2018. On stellar-mass black hole mergers in AGN disks detectable with LIGO 1702.07818
- Nov 16, 2020 [Matt M] . Leigh+ 2018. On the rate of black hole binary mergers in galactic nuclei due to dynamical hardening. 1711.10494
- Nov 23, 2020 [Daria]. Secunda+ 2019. Orbital Migration of Interacting Stellar Mass Black Holes in Disks around Supermassive Black Holes. 1807.02859
- Nov 30, 2020 [Eliot]. Yang+ 2019. AGN Disks Harden the Mass Distribution of Stellar-mass Binary Black Hole Mergers. 1903.01405
- Dec 7, 2020 [Davide]. Yang+ 2019. Hierarchical Black Hole Mergers in Active Galactic Nuclei. 1906.09281
- Dec 14, 2020 [Matt M]. McKernan+ 2020. Monte-Carlo simulations of black hole mergers in AGN disks: Low χeff mergers and predictions for LIGO. 1907.04356
- Feb 1, 2021 [Daria]. McKernan+ 2019. Ram-pressure stripping of a kicked Hill sphere: Prompt electromagnetic emission from the merger of stellar mass black holes in an AGN accretion disk. 1907.03746
- [Discussed in previous group meeting already]. Graham+ 2020. Candidate Electromagnetic Counterpart to the Binary Black Hole Merger Gravitational Wave Event S190521g. 2006.14122
- Feb 8, 2021 [Matt N]. Yi+ 2019. Where to find Electromagnetic Wave Counterparts of stellar-mass binary black hole mergers? 1909.08384
- Feb 15, 2021 [Nicola].Gayathri+ 2020. GW170817A as a Hierarchical Black Hole Merger 1911.11142
- Feb 22, 2021 [Davide]. Tagawa+ 2020. Formation and Evolution of Compact Object Binaries in AGN Disks 1912.08218
- Mar 1, 2021 [Eliot]. McKernan+ 2020. Black hole, neutron star and white dwarf merger rates in AGN disks 2002.00046
- Mar 10, 2021. Department seminar by H. Tagawa: Formation and Evolution of Compact Objects in Active Galactic Nuclei
- Mar 15, 2021 [Daria]. Yang+ 2020. Cosmic Evolution of Stellar-mass Black Hole Merger Rate in Active Galactic Nuclei. 2003.08564
- Mar 22, 2021 [Chris]. Pan and Yang. Formation Rate of Extreme Mass Ratio Inspirals in Active Galactic Nucleus. 2101.09146
- Mar 31, 2021 [all]. The season finale: wider group meeting discussion on BHs in AGN disks.
Other papers on the topic
- Tagawa+ 2020. Spin Evolution of Stellar-mass Black Hole Binaries in Active Galactic Nuclei. 2004.11914
- Secunda+ 2020. Orbital Migration of Interacting Stellar Mass Black Holes in Disks around Supermassive Black Holes II. Spins and Incoming Objects. 2004.11936
- Gröbner+ 2020. Binary black hole mergers in AGN accretion discs: gravitational wave rate density estimates. 2005.03571
- Ishibashi+ 2020. Evolution of binary black holes in AGN accretion discs: Disc-binary interaction and gravitational wave emission. 2006.07407
- Yang+ 2020. Black Hole Formation in the Lower Mass Gap through Mergers and Accretion in AGN Disks. 2007.04781
- Tagawa+ 2020. Eccentric Black Hole Mergers in Active Galactic Nuclei. 2010.10526
- Tagawa+ 2020. Mass-gap Mergers in Active Galactic Nuclei. 22012.00011
- Ishibashi and Gröbner 2020. Evolution of binary black holes in AGN accretion discs: Disc-binary interaction and gravitational wave emission. 2006.07407
- Jermyn+ 2021 Stellar Evolution in the Disks of Active Galactic Nuclei Produces Rapidly Rotating Massive Stars. 2102.13114